Spaces strictly limited to 70 per session: Booking is essential (see below).
Social Media Masterclass: Develop a social media strategy and take your social media to the next level!
* BYO laptop
This half-day workshop will give you an overview of each of the main networks, and help you develop an actionable social media strategy. The workshop will be hands-on and interactive so bring a laptop (not a tablet) to put what you learn into action there and then!
- 10 reasons why you should care about social media
- What are the major social networks? How many users do they each have? What kinds of users? What about the newer networks? Pinterest? Instagram? Snapchat? Google+? What are they? Should you be on them?
- Defining your objectives – Find out what tangible results it is possible to achieve on social networks and use these to define your own company’s objectives for using social media.
- Defining your target market – Depending on your geographic location, and area of specialty, you may wish to target different segments of the market. Find out how this is possible on social media.
- What is your brand voice – The way you ‘speak’ on social media may be different to your other communication channels. What will your voice be? What will you talk about? How will you stay interesting?
- Structures - Profiles, pages, groups, likes, followers - What does it all mean and have you got the right structure to move forwards with? What to do if you have multiple pages or the wrong structure. How do you optimise the accounts you have got?
- The social media success wheel – The 7 steps you should follow to get started and succeed on social media.
- Content creation - How to create and share content across social networks in minimum time and with maximum effect. Banish writers block and come up with a string of great things to share on social media and learn about scheduling tools which allow you to post in advance, which can reduce your social media time investment down to just 30 minutes per week after set up.
- Post, manage and respond - Once you're established on social media, you need to schedule posts on a regular basis. So how often should you post? Should you post direct on the networks or via professional scheduling tools? What is the best time to post? How do you manage and respond to comments and direct messages - positive and negative resulting from your posts?
- Analyse, report and improve - How do you measure results from social media and tie these back to your objectives? What should you use to analyse your results and how do you collate it into a report to share with your boss or team and improve from
Choose from two sessions:
9.30am - 12.30pm
Friday 1 September
9.00am - 12.00pm
Saturday 2 September
Plaza Level (Grey Street side)
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Cost is $55 inc GST per person.
Spaces strictly limited to 70 per session so please register early.PLEASE NOTE: You'll need to register to attend CLICK! as well as registering for the Masterclass.
Yvette Adams is a serial entrepreneur and a multi-award winning business woman, including winning the ICT Woman of the Year at the iAwards in 2013 and the Commonwealth Bank Business Owner category at the Telstra Business Womens in Queensland in 2010.
She has started six businesses, the first a newspaper when she was just 17, and two of which she has since sold. She currently runs three businesses - The Creative Collective - a crowdfunding and digital marketing agency; The Training Collective - a digital skills training organisation, and awardshub.com - an online portal which helps people find business awards to enter.
In 2015 she was recognised for making a significant contribution to science and innovation in Queensland and included on the Department’s Queensland Science and Innovation Champion Hall of Fame and in 2016 she was named as a Digital Champion by Queensland Government.
Yvette is a twice published author with her most recent book titled: No Kidding – Why Our Kids Know More About Us Than Technology and What We Need To Do About It.
She is regularly called on as a media commentator and keynote speaker, facilitator and MC for events all over Asia Pacific. She also has her own show called Young Entrepreneurs which can be viewed on BRiN, an app available on Google Play or the App Store. Download it for free!